protect vacant properties _ NREIG

Vacant Property Insurance coverage you need

Vacant property insurance is a must-have when you have a property that is listed for sale or in-between tenants. National Real Estate Insurance Group can help protect your vacant property and your real estate investment.

Submit your property information using our online proposal request, and receive a custom proposal. An agent will contact you to go over your custom insurance options and help you choose the best coverage for your specific situation.

Start a proposal request to get your vacant property insurance solutions today!

What does vacant property
insurance cover?

When insuring a vacant property, dwelling coverage can protect your property against direct physical damage to the property, such as:

  • Fire
  • Lightning
  • Windstorm and Hail
  • Vandalism
  • Named Windstorm and more

Choose between Basic and Special form coverage when discussing insurance options with your agent.

Liability insurance for
vacant properties

Premises Liability coverage is critical in protecting you, the investor, from claims that happen at your investment property. Examples may include:

  • If someone were to slip and fall on your property
  • If a dog bite were to occur on your property
  • Coverage extends to pools and spas, provided they meet code
  • Medical expenses are included

Our liability insurance options start as low as $7 per month, per property for $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate limits of liability.

How much vacant property insurance coverage do I need?

Vacant property insurance provides coverage in an event of a loss at the property while it’s vacant. The amount of coverage will depend upon requirements from your lending institution, your exit strategy in the event of a total loss, and your appetite for risk. After you request a proposal, an agent will discuss with you how much coverage you need as each situation is unique. You can request a proposal or call 888.741.8454 to discuss your proposal with one of our licensed insurance professionals.

How much does vacant property insurance cost?

Insurance costs for vacant properties vary greatly based on coverages you chose to carry, deductible, where your property is located, and the size of your portfolio. With us, you can insure your tenant-occupied property at $75 per square foot to obtain Actual Cash Value coverage with no coinsurance and $120 per square foot for Replacement Cost coverage. Because of our monthly reporting form, you can pay for coverage monthly, never overpaying for vacant property insurance.

Do I need to cancel coverage when I get tenants?

If you occupy the property with tenants, let us know and we can continue coverage with no interruptions. If you sell the property, cancel coverage with no minimum earned premiums. Our monthly reporting form allows you to make changes and cancel coverage at any time.

Why choose us when insuring your vacant property?

Add more coverage to your vacant property insurance

With National Real Estate Insurance Group, you can add extra coverage options to your vacant property insurance. After you request a proposal, an agent will contact you to discuss your proposal and offer additional coverages to limit your exposure. We have products ranging from flood to service line to additional liability limit options.

Manage your vacant property insurance coverage with ease

When insuring your properties with NREIG, you can make coverage changes and pay for coverage as-you-go. Our clients can choose to manage their account online 24/7 or work with their Client Service Advisor.

NREIG Client Portal

Need to speak to an agent?

Please give us a call at 888.741.8454 to speak to a licensed insurance professional. If you would like to discuss your specific location, please request an insurance proposal and one of our agents will contact you shortly.

Want to learn more about vacant property insurance?

Read one of our articles about insuring vacant properties or go to our Resource Center to learn more about different insurance topics.

  • monthly reporting - renovation

NREIG Monthly Reporting Form

By |May 3rd, 2017|

Designed for real estate investors, our monthly reporting form is an insurance methodology that allows our clients to change occupancy [...]