Rental Mobile Home Insurance

Mobile home insurance for real estate investors

Mobile home insurance is a must-have when you rent out your mobile or manufactured home to tenants. National Real Estate Insurance Group can help protect your mobile home and your real estate investment.

Submit your property information using our online proposal request, and receive a custom proposal. An agent will contact you to go over your  insurance options and help you choose the best coverage for your business.

Start a proposal request to get your mobile home insurance solutions today!

What does mobile home
insurance cover?

When renting out a mobile home to tenants, dwelling coverage can protect your mobile home against direct physical damage to the property, such as:

  • Fire
  • Lightning
  • Windstorm and Hail
  • Riot or Civil Commotion
  • Vandalism and more

You can follow this link to learn more about covered causes of loss.

Mobile homes are not eligible to obtain Special Form or Named Windstorm coverage in our program.

Liability insurance for
mobile rental properties

Premises Liability coverage is critical in protecting you, the investor, from claims that happen at your investment property. Examples may include:

  • If someone were to slip and fall on your property
  • If one of your tenant’s dogs were to bite someone on your property
  • If your tenant suffers medical issues from a carbon monoxide leak
  • Medical expenses are included

Our liability insurance options start as low as $7 per month, per property and come with $1,000,000 per occurrence and  $2,000,000 aggregate limits of liability.

How much mobile home insurance coverage do I need?

Mobile home insurance provides coverage in an event of a loss at the property. Keep in mind how rapidly mobile homes depreciate in value when deciding on coverage amount. It is easy to over-insure and therefore, overpay. National Real Estate Insurance Group lets you choose coverage amount (at a minimum of $75 of coverage per square foot), so you never overpay for mobile home insurance. After you request a proposal, an agent will discuss with you how much coverage you need as everyone’s situation is different.

What deductible is right for a mobile home?

Property deductible is a portion of what you are responsible for paying “out-of-pocket” toward a loss at your property before your insurance carrier will pay for a claim. When deciding on a property deductible, think about the minimum claim you would have to turn in before it harms your business and do as much as double it. If you would never file a $1,000 claim, don’t carry a $500 deductible. Remember, the lower your property deductible, the higher your rate. Our liability insurance has no deductible.

How much does mobile home insurance cost?

You can insure your tenant-occupied mobile property at $75 per square foot to obtain Actual Cash Value coverage. Mobile homes are not eligible for Replacement Cost coverage in our program. Because of our monthly reporting form, you can pay for coverage monthly, never overpaying for mobile home insurance.

Why choose us when insuring your mobile home?

Add more coverage to your mobile home insurance

With NREIG, you can add extra coverage options to your mobile home insurance. After you request a proposal, an agent will contact you to discuss your proposal and offer additional coverage options to limit your exposure. We have products ranging from Tenant Protector Plan to earth movement to additional liability limit options.

Manage your mobile home insurance coverage with ease

When insuring your properties with NREIG, you can make coverage changes and pay for coverage as-you-go. Our clients can choose to manage their account online 24/7 or with their Client Service Advisor.

NREIG Client Portal

Need to speak to an agent?

Please give us a call at 888.741.8454 to speak to a licensed insurance professional. If you would like to discuss your specific location, please request an insurance proposal and one of our agents will contact you shortly.

Want to learn more about rental property insurance?

Read one of our articles about insuring a tenant-occupied mobile home or go to our Resource Center to learn more about different insurance topics.

  • monthly reporting - renovation

NREIG Monthly Reporting Form

By |May 3rd, 2017|

Designed for real estate investors, our monthly reporting form is an insurance methodology that allows our clients to change occupancy [...]