The Tenant Protector Plan ® (TPP) is your solution to spending countless hours verifying your tenant’s renter’s insurance policy is in force and in good standing. Our TPP provides additional protection to both you and your tenant. The TPP is available for locations with any number of units.
$50,000 limit of liability Per Residence Premises, per occurrence
- This coverage is provided to tenant-caused, negligent losses. This helps stabilize your property rates long term by preventing your property carrier from being fully responsible for controllable losses that are no fault of your own.
- This is first dollar coverage for the investor; there is no deductible.
$2,500 sublimit of contents coverage provided for non-negligent tenants of affected units
- Subject to a maximum of $7,500 per occurrence
$10,000 of contents coverage included for the tenant following a covered peril property loss
- Subject to a $1,000 deductible for the tenant
$1,000 Per Residence Premises for Loss Rents Due to Skip
- This coverage reimburses you lost rental income up to $1,000 for unexpected vacancies due to tenants who skip or are evicted.
If you are interested in more coverage for lost rental income – check out our Landlord Rent Default Insurance product.
- Vandalism (not intentional by the tenant)
- Sewer & Drain Back-up
Let’s Look at an Example
Tenant A in a fourplex starts a kitchen fire that causes $50,000 of damage. The property carrier covers the loss to the property, but passes the financial responsibility of the claim (up to $50,000) onto the appropriate party. Tenant A receives up to $9,000 to cover any damaged personal property and Tenants B, C and D could each recover up to $2,500 to replace belongings damaged by water or smoke.