Vacation Rental Insurance

Vacation Rental Insurance for short-term rentals

Vacation Rental insurance is needed when renting out your property on a short-term basis. It can limit your exposure to losses that can happen at the property during their stay and in-between tenants.  National Real Estate Insurance Group has property and liability insurance solutions to help protect your property and your real estate investment if you have a vacation rental.

Submit your property information using our online proposal request, and receive a custom proposal. An agent will contact you to go over your custom insurance options and help you choose the best coverage for your business.

Start a proposal request to get your vacation rental property insurance today!

What does vacation rental
property insurance cover?

If you have a vacation rental, dwelling coverage can protect your property against direct physical damage to the property, such as:

  • Fire
  • Windstorm and Hail
  • Vandalism
  • Named Windstorm
  • Contents coverage for your furnishings and more

Choose between Basic and Special form coverage, when discussing insurance options with your agent.

Liability insurance for
vacation rental properties

Premises Liability coverage is critical in protecting you, the investor, from claims that happen at your investment property. Examples may include:

  • If someone were to slip and fall on your property
  • If one of your tenant’s dogs were to bite someone on your property
  • If your tenant suffers medical issues due to a carbon monoxide leak
  • Coverage extends to pools and spas, provided they meet code
  • Medical expenses are included

Our liability insurance options start as low as $7 per month, per property and come with $1,000,000 per occurrence and  $2,000,000 aggregate limits of liability.

How much vacation rental property insurance coverage do I need?

Vacation rental property insurance provides coverage in an event of a loss at the property. The amount of coverage will depend upon requirements from your lending institution, your exit strategy in the event of a total loss, and your appetite for risk. After you request a proposal, an agent will discuss with you how much coverage you need as each situation is unique. You can request a proposal or call 888.741.8454 to discuss your proposal with one of our licensed insurance professionals.

What deductible is right for vacation rentals?

Property deductible is a portion of what you are responsible for paying “out-of-pocket” toward a loss at your property before your insurance carrier will pay for a claim. When deciding on a property deductible, think about the minimum claim you would have to turn in before it harms your business and do as much as double it. If you would never file a $1,000 claim, don’t carry a $500 deductible. Remember, the lower your property deductible, the higher your rate. Our liability insurance has no deductible.

How much does vacation rental insurance cost?

Insurance costs for vacation rentals vary greatly based on coverages you choose to carry, deductible, where your property is located, and the size of your portfolio. With us, you can insure your vacation rental property at $75 per square foot to obtain Actual Cash Value coverage with no coinsurance and $120 per square foot for Replacement Cost coverage.

Can you insure a vacation rental that I also use?

As long as the location is used as an investment property more than 50% of the time, it is eligible for the program. If you are the property owner and use the property (or it is not used as a rental) 50% of the year or more, the location is ineligible.

Why choose us when insuring your vacation rental?

Add more coverage to your vacation rental insurance

With NREIG, you can add extra coverage options to your vacation rental insurance coverage. After you request a proposal, an agent will contact you to discuss your proposal and offer additional coverage options to limit your exposure. We have products ranging from flood to property management errors & omissions to additional liability limit options.

  • Loss of Rents

  • Other Structures

  • Contents coverage

Manage your vacation rental insurance coverage with ease

When insuring your properties with NREIG, you can make coverage changes and pay for coverage as-you-go. Our clients can choose to manage their account online 24/7 or work with their Client Service Advisor.

NREIG Client Portal

Need to speak to an agent?

Please give us a call at 888.741.8454 to speak to a licensed insurance professional. If you would like to discuss your specific location, please request an insurance proposal and one of our agents will contact you shortly.

Want to learn more about insurance for your vacation rental?

Read one of our articles about vacation rental insurance or go to our Resource Center to learn more about different insurance topics.